Once you have your VoIP provider set up to work with LiveAgent and you have successfully connected your phone numbers, you are ready to start making outbound calls and receive incoming calls directly through the LiveAgent software. Each agent can enable/disable himself from receiving phone calls and choose if he wants to handle calls through the browser or use some external device instead. To access this configuration screen the agent needs to click the phone icon in the upper right corner of his agent panel.
The voice status page has four tabs:
- General settings - on this screen an agent can find the main checkbox "Available for calls" to disable/enable all calls on all his devices and in his agent panel. This is a master switch, so even if the agent has calls enabled in the agent panel or some devices and this master checkbox is not checked the agent won't be able to receive any incoming calls.
The agent can also choose how he wants to make outbound calls:
- Browser - By default, the outbound calls are made via the agent's browser. Meaning an agent will need a microphone and some sound output device connected to his PC to make calls via his browser(make sure you have your microphone permissions set correctly).
- List of devices - an agent will be able to choose an outbound call device from the list of all SIP devices created in LiveAgent software by the account owner/admin. An agent can also choose our LivePhone mobile application as an outbound device on this screen once he installs and connects the LivePhone app on his mobile device(download link for iOS app or Android app).
- Agent panel - on this screen an agent can enable/disable receiving incoming calls through his browser when he is logged in to his LiveAgent agent panel. An agent can also choose for which departments he wants to be able to receive incoming calls.
- Add Device - if an agent does not want to handle incoming calls via his browser, the add device option allows agents to use another device to receive incoming calls. This can be either a SIP phone device or an external number device. An agent can also choose our LivePhone mobile application as a device on this screen once he installs and connects the LivePhone app on his mobile device(download link for iOS app or Android app).
Once the device is added, an agent will be able to enable/disable incoming calls for each device separately. An agent can also define for which departments he wants to be able to receive incoming calls through that specific device.
If the device is enabled an agent will be able to receive incoming calls on the selected device even when not logged in LiveAgent agent panel!
- Extension - this is an internal extension of the agent. It is used for making internal calls between agents. To be able to make an internal call, an agent must be added and available on calls in a department that will be used for internal calls. Agents that will not have calls enabled in this department won't be reachable for internal calls. The same goes for agents that will not be added to this department at all.