Automatic rules allow you to perform various action(s) once a rule's trigger is executed and its conditions (if there are any) are met.
You are welcome to check our rules examples here.
Creating a rule
To create a new automatic rule, navigate in your LiveAgent panel to Configuration > Automation > Rules, and click on the "Create" button.
Rule creation window layout
The rule creation window consists of the following parts:
- Rule status - denotes whether the rule is active and can be triggered, or deactivated
- Rule name (mandatory) - name of the rule, it is recommended to choose a unique name for every rule, although multiple rules can have the same name
- Rule note (optional) - additional note to the rule or its description
- Rule trigger (mandatory) - specifies the trigger that executes the rule
- Rule conditions and condition groups (optional) - additional conditions that have to be met so the rule can be executed, conditions can be added separately or into condition groups in which all conditions have to be met, while it is enough to meet just one condition group from multiple groups to execute the rule
- Rule action (mandatory) - defines the action(s) that will be applied after the rule execution, multiple actions can be applied within a single rule
A full description of every trigger, condition, and action can be found in this article.