- Facebook developer panel part
- LiveAgent part
Connecting LiveAgent with Facebook enables you to respond to Facebook messages, posts, or comments directly from your LiveAgent.
Create a Facebook App
Login to your personal or company Facebook account, then navigate to https://developers.facebook.com/ and click on the "My Apps" item in the top menu.
Set up the Facebook App
After creating an app, you will be redirected to the new app's Dashboard to choose products. Find "Messenger" and click on "Set up". It is not needed to change anything in Messenger product settings, so navigate back to the "Dashboard" tab in the menu, find "Facebook Login", and click again on "Set up". It will lead you to the Facebook Login product Quickstart tab, which needs to be configured as described below.
- Display name - Name of your Facebook app.
- App domains - Domain of your LiveAgent installation, only a website from this domain would be able to use your Facebook app. Use your Site URL set up in the previous step.
- Contact email - email address able to receive updates and emails from Facebook.
- Terms of Service URL - URL to your company/program terms of service, you can again use the URL of our company Terms & conditions "https://www.liveagent.com/terms-and-conditions/".
- App icon - Icon for your Facebook app, you can upload a JPG, GIF, or PNG file, the size of the image must be between 512 x 512 and 1024 x 1024 pixels, and the file size cannot exceed the 5 MB limit. If you don't have a proper icon, you can use the following LiveAgent 512 x 512 icon.
Do not forget to hit again "Save changes".
After saving the Facebook Login product, navigate to the "App Review > Permissions and Features" section in the menu, search for the "public_profile" and "email" permissions, and hit "Get advanced access". These 2 permissions are enough to be able to connect your Facebook app to your LiveAgent account from your Facebook account as the creator/administrator of the app.
In your LiveAgent panel, navigate to "Configuration > Facebook" and click on "Enable Facebook". Your LiveAgent panel refreshes, and a new sub-tab "Application Setup" will appear under "Configuration > Facebook".